Campaign Contribution Regulations
Please read the following before donating to the campaign.
1) May contribute up to $500.00 per year to a candidate/candidate’s committee in a calendar year.
2) Contributions are limited to $12,500.00 per year to ALL candidates
2) Individuals under 18 are limited to a total of $25.00 per year to all candidates.
Political Action Committees
1) May contribute up to $500.00 to a candidate/candidate’s committee.
Political Party Committee (Ward, Town or City)
1) May contribute up to $1,000.00 per year to a candidate/candidate’s committee.
Business or Professional Corporations
1) A candidate/candidate’s committee CANNOT accept any contribution, including in-kind contribution of goods, services, equipment, personnel, facilities or the like from a business or professional corporation, or from any association or organization comprised in whole or in part of business or professional corporations.
2) An individual may use his or her unincorporated business to make a contribution to the campaign fund of a candidate, as long as the name of the individual contributor is also disclosed.
1) Please furnish the candidate/candidate’s committee with his/her true name and address at the time the contribution is made.
2) If an individual contributes $200.00 or more in a calendar year, the contributor must provide to the candidate/candidate’s committee with his/her occupation and employer.
For further information, please contact the Office of Campaign and Political Finance at 617-727-8352
or on the web at: http://www.mass.gov/ocpf